About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Solstice patch visitors



I couldn't take Terrierman's winter's solstice advice today, because I don't have a dog.

Yet something magical happened. Dogs joined me in my morning camera trap beat. I didn't know I had company until I switched on the camera and viewed the images. I don't know whose dogs they are; I've never seen them before.

But there they were, a few minutes ahead of me on the trail, pissing on my scent patch.

2 comments:

Owlman said...

I hate when that happens and suspect that it will be a problem where I live. Everyone has a dog around here and they let them roam free. I wonder if there is a way to keep them out of the camera trap area?

Camera Trap Codger said...

Mountain lions will keep them out of the area. LOL.