About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Br'er fox can't find mousie



Br'er fox triggered 70 exposures last night, and not a single one was blank. Here he is looking for the elusive mousie which is in the hole on the side of the log. He finally found it, but he hung around afterwards looking for more goodies.

I'll have to try some new camera angles now that I know how he moves around on the log. Wonder if he can get to the top of that snag?

1 comment:

Ed Gould said...

Hey Chris, my favorite is the fox full length reaching up. The tail fur as well as the body, so prestine. The posture reminds me of that black bear photo of Francis Harper in WJHamilton's Mammals of E. USA. In generally i just love the whole idea; Harper, Grinnel or Hamilton would have done a jitterbug to get these photos. And that skunk climbing the tree. I am passing your blog address onto my family. thanks so much for sharing. One other thing how much does it cost to maintain a blog of this sort??

I would like to learn more about how to set things up so i can photograph the varmints that visit my garden. Could you give some ideas about parts and cost and source?? Ed Gould