About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Curiosity kills the Cam

Thought I'd better check my blogroll before posting this one, and sure enough ornithologist John Carlson had just posted on BBC's latest polar bear film.

John knows a lot about ice and cold so be sure to check out Prairie Ice for links to this very nifty camera trapping footage.

(And thanks, Nik, for the heads-up.)

2 comments:

JK said...

Saw this one yesterday. Those are quite the "Trail Cams" but awesome footage. I want one.

John Carlson said...

Thought of directly of you when I posted this one Codger. I agree with JK, I would really like to have each of those cameras but I particularly like the snow sled version. Still can't get over the bear peeking over the ice edge at the seal.