About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Views from within



The whitefooted mouse came and went most of the night, but just before dawn a raccoon made its appearance.



It went all the way to the end and ate the smoked herring. I got twenty butt shots.



Then it turned around, but the camera was too slow for a mugshot.



I believe these guys have a powerful thirst today. That smoked herring is heavily salted.

6 comments:

Buford Nature said...

LOL! That's great! Looks like you'll just have to rearrange the bait and the camera. :-D

Camera Trap Codger said...

Yeah, I reversed the position of camera and bait last night, and will check it in a few minutes. Thanks.

Owlman said...

Fantastic shots!

Mike Spies said...

Great blog. I added it to my list of links on living with Bird Dogs - www.Wenaha,blospot.com.

Thanks.

Mike

Camera Trap Codger said...

Thank's a lot, Mike. Always pleased to find a kindred spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am not sure how this works but would like to ask for your help. I am an Irishman working on a book on Spanish wildlife and need to know more about how to make, set, and service camera traps. In fact the setting wont be too much of a problem as I used to trap about a thousand years ago in my boyhood but I really need help with triggers, etc. Most technology goes over my head and I don't really understand the indentity bit below, so I will include my email address, james1045hotmail.com , and hope you can contact me.
Many thank,
James Connolly