About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of four. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Return to El Paso

[This is a feeder trail to "El Paso", with (aaargh) the most common user.]

Since I made such a big deal about "El Paso de las Pumas", I guess I have to write a follow-up.

I waited a month to check the two cams at El Paso, thinking I'd get at least a few bobcat and bear photos, and maybe even a shot of the elusive puma.

Instead, I got 9 pictures of squirrels and one of a female red-shafted flicker. The flicker photo made me feel a little better.



I set another cam on a different segment of the main trail. So I have three cams waiting to ambush a big cat.

[Flicker, uncropped]

I'm not ready to give up on the site, but in the mean time I guess I'd better call the place "El Paso de las Ardillas".

No comments: