About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of four. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

My New Screen Saver


I get off on plutons.

So, this is my latest screen saver -- El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.

I took it a couple days ago with a Lumix FZ200.

The images from the hand-held camera were a wee blurry, but this one was taken on a tripod with delayed exposure.




Can you see the 3 climbers?











If John Muir saw Yosemite today he would be horrified, but for the rest of us, it is certainly still worth seeing.

1 comment:

Bonnie K said...

Beautiful! Amazing the beauty of rocks. Thank you for sharing.