About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of four. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Monday, October 28, 2024

A CAMERA TRAPPER'S COMPANION -- a new book

 


One of the reasons I disappeared a few years ago was to find the time to finish this book. It's been finished for several months now. I've been too busy having fun to make a fuss about it. So here it is, my humble contribution to the science and practice of camera trapping. It is largely based on the lectures and exercises of my camera trapping workshop which was given for several years at San Francisco State University's Nevada field campus. Along the way, I had many camera trapping adventures, and these stories are contained in the sidebars (or text boxes, as some call them).

If you want to read some reviews or order a copy, here is the Amazon link.  You can also order directly from the printer, BRG Scientific.








No comments: