About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cautious coyote

August 21, 7:21 PM, Set 320


"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy."

Hamlin Garland

Couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

owlman said...

Great photo of a skinny coyote.
Love the quotation.

britta said...

Me too!
Saw a terrified young coyote on Green Valley Rd. Below Dyke 8 at rush hour a couple of weeks ago. don't know what happened to it, didn't think it a good idea to try to rescue it. Hope he made it to where he was going.....