About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Friendly Foragers




Montana Carl observed that the seasonal creek is a gold mine, and I have to agree.

I've been mining it since April and have been pleased with the performances of the creek critters if not the quality of the footage.

I first encountered the friendly foragers in a series of jpegs taken way down the ravine, and concluded their physical engagement was a fight.

Several weeks later I found footage of their shenanigans at another set and it was pretty clear they were getting physical in a friendly way.

No, not that. They were just playing, as you can see in the video. 

3 comments:

Trailblazer said...

Great vids! Been getting clips of the same type of sibling interactions here too (last year and this year)....also got some of sibling skunks recently.

That camera set has been an absolute treasure!

Camera Trap Codger said...

Thanks, mann. I am still working the site, hoping for more surprises.

Anonymous said...

Great little drama! Yesterday I found raccoon footprints in some mud in my yard- the first indication that we still have some "wildlife" here since we became the "burbs".

Britta